Hamillroad Software Appoints Compose Systems as Main Distributor of FirstPROOF
2nd February, 2006
Hamillroad Software, the world leader in Pre-Press Soft-Proofing Systems for Harlequin RIPs and TIFF based workflows, is pleased to announce the appointment of Compose System as the global Main Distributor of Hamillroad’s latest FirstPROOFT soft-proofing solution.
This new agreement with Compose Systems opens up significant market opportunities for Hamillroad Software.” said Andy Cave, CEO of Hamillroad Software Limited. “Compose Systems has a reputation for marketing and supporting innovative pre-press solutions. Through their extensive dealer channel the benefits of FirstPROOF can now be enjoyed by a much wider customer group”.
“We are pleased to be appointed as the Main Distributor of Hamillroad’s FirstPROOF solution. The latest FirstPROOF v3.1 provides invaluable productivity benefits to its users. It’s powerful functions, whether on a standalone basis or as part of Compose’s integrated Express Workflow solution, are indispensable to the modern computer-to-plate production environment” said Tom Sit, CEO of Compose System. “We are delighted to add FirstPROOF to our comprehensive range of pre-press focused workflow and digital proofing products. FirstPROOF will complement our hard-copy color proofing solution Start Proof”.
FirstPROOF will be featured in Compose’s stand at the Graphics of the Americas Trade Show at Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami, Florida, USA (February 3-5, 2006) and at IPEX 2006 at the NEC, Birmingham, UK (April 4-11, 2006).
FirstPROOF is a powerful soft-proofing solution for today’s digital pre-press environment. The latest FirstPROOF v3.X is the most significant release of FirstPROOF since it was first launched in 2002. This new release has added over forty new tools and features to its already extensive functions and capabilities. FirstPROOF gives users a unique set of powerful proofing and correction tools which enable the identification of job errors prior to imaging, saving users invaluable time and costs.
- Allows users to view and approve output prior to imaging.
- Secure site and user accounts to control what users can view, output and delete.
- High performance – substantially improved viewing and down-sampling speed.
- Substantial tool set for checking traps, screens, moire, TAC and min dot (valuable for flexo) amongst others.
- Ability to print what is being viewed to any network accessible printers.
- Printing separations, progressives and composites and all the enabled tools can be printed.
- Hard-copy content proofs can be produced for sign-off and as reference to the pressman for the print jobs.