Hamillroad Software Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Hamillroad Software Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21 May 2018.
LAST UPDATED: 21 May 2018
Hamillroad Software is a global supplier of software solutions for the prepress industry and our solutions help customers to save time and money during all stages of the printing process while also improving the final printed image fidelity. Hamillroad Software’s headquarters are in Cambridge, UK and we partner with resellers and OEMs worldwide to distribute and sell their solutions.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- +44 (0)1223 257950
Personal Information Hamillroad Software Collects
“Personal Information” is information which identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Personal Information includes:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone or fax number;
- Email address;
- Credit and debit card number;
- Supplier (Vendor) or Customer tax ID number;
- National Identity number, such as National Insurance or Social Security Number;
- Company issued ID number;
- Date of Birth;
- Financial information provided when applying for credit;
- Banking information, such as account and sort code, BIC or IBAN numbers;
- Passwords and reminder questions and answers;
- Purchase history.
Hamillroad Software collects Personal Information when you participate in various opportunities that we provide, for example:
- When you order a product or service, apply for credit or make a request;
- When you register your purchase of a product;
- When you submit a warranty card;
- When you register for subscriptions, technology forums or other communications through the Website or using any of our Apps;
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion;
- When you participate in a blog or forum;
- When we conduct market research or meet you at a trade show or other event.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide requested services and products to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may combine Personal Information that we collect about you with Personal Information you provide to Hamillroad Software through other sources, such as product registrations, enquiries or marketing events. We will use the combined Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement for as long as it is combined.
How We Use Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for our business purposes, which may include:
- Fulfilment of your purchases and/or responding to your requests and enquiries.
- Processing your payments, shipping your order, communicating with you regarding your purchase and providing you with related customer service.
- Sending you important information regarding the Website or Apps, changes to Hamillroad Software’s terms and conditions of trading and policies and/or other administrative information.
- Allowing you to communicate and interact with others through the Website or App (for example through a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile or other social media). By using this functionality, you are telling Hamillroad Software that you are entitled to use and provide to Hamillroad Software your friend’s name, email address and social media account information.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Send you email alerts, text messages and other written or electronic communications.
- Personalize your experience by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- Send marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about trade shows.
We will engage in the following activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Allow you to sign up for contests, technology forums and other activities.
- Allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- Permit you to register and participate in technology forums and other events with Hamillroad Software Limited.
We will use Personal Information in the following way to manage our contractual relationship with you or with your consent.
- Achieve Hamillroad Software business purposes.
- For data analysis, audits, researching and developing new products, enhancing Hamillroad Software’s website, improving Hamillroad Software’s services, developing marketing events and identifying usage trends.
We may engage in any or all of these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, to determine the effectiveness of marketing activities and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
(b) to comply with legal processes;
(c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including those outside your country of residence;
(d) to enforce Hamillroad Software Limited’s terms and conditions;
(e) to protect Hamillroad Software Limited’s operations;
(f) to protect Hamillroad Software Limited’s rights, privacy, safety or property, you, other persons; and
(g) to allow Hamillroad Software Limited to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we might sustain.
Other Information We Collect
“Other Information” is any information which does not reveal your specific identity or relate to you as an identifiable individual.
Other Information includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you;
- Aggregated information;
- Physical location.
How We Collect Other Information
We, Hamillroad Software Limited and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device.
Certain information is collected by most browsers and devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system version, device manufacturer and model and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your use of an App.
When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as your location, or the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Through your use of an App, connected device or vehicle, including unmanned aerial vehicles (drones).
The physical location of your device and its associated date and time is collected by satellite, cell phone tower, Wi-Fi signals or other technologies. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you.
Information such as your location as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Website or App.
- By aggregating information.
Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Website or App. For example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of Hamillroad Software Limited’s users who have a particular telephone area code.
How We Use and Disclose Other Information
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Privacy Statement.
In some instances, we combine Other Information with Personal Information, such as combining your name with your geographical location. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, such as when we combine information you provide upon registration with Other Information to provide you with targeted personalized marketing, the combined information will be treated by Hamillroad Software as Personal Information.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How We Collect IP Addresses
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in Hamillroad Software Limited’s server log files whenever a user visits the Website, along with the date and time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How Hamillroad Software Uses and Discloses IP Addresses
Hamillroad Software Limited uses IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Website and presenting content that is tailored to your country. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Other Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site to which the Website or the App contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Website or the App does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Hamillroad Software. We are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of any app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps.
DO NOT TRACK
Hamillroad Software does not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Hamillroad Software uses reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under Hamillroad Software Limited’s control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you suspect or have reason to believe that your interaction with Hamillroad Software is no longer secure, notify us of the problem immediately by any means described in the “Contacting Hamillroad Software” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding Hamillroad Software’s use and disclosure of your Personal Information
Hamillroad Software gives you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. By contacting email@example.com, you may opt-out from receiving future electronic marketing messages and request that we not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from Hamillroad Software, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you wish to review, correct, update, suppress or delete, object to, restrict or otherwise limit Hamillroad Software’s use of your Personal Information which you previously provided to Hamillroad Software, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for the purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent that this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law) you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from a Hamillroad Software Limited database or otherwise let Hamillroad Software know what limitations you would like to put on Hamillroad Software’s use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time for which we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide requested services to you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we must satisfy (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position such as that which applies to statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations.
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
Hamillroad Software is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Hamillroad Software does not target the Website or the App to children less than sixteen(16) years of age or knowingly collect Personal Information from children for the purpose of selling products or services. Hamillroad Software does participate in select educational programs such as science and environmental awareness in support of schools and communities.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or where we have engaged a service provider, for example, the United States, which may have different data protection rules from those which apply in your country.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA): Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission (EC) as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (see the full list of countries).For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the EC to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by “Contacting Hamillroad Software” (see below).
We ask that you do not send Hamillroad Software Limited, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (for example, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Website or App or otherwise to Hamillroad Software.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement. View the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we publish the revised Privacy Statement on the Website or App. Your use of the Website or App following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
CONTACTING HAMILLROAD SOFTWARE
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us:
By telephone: +44(0)1223 257950
By email: email@example.com or
Write to the following address:
Hamillroad Software Limited
Vision Park, Chivers Way,
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE EEA
In the EEA, you may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available on the European Commission website.