ULTRA-HIGH-DEFINITION FLEXOGRAPHIC SCREENING TECHNOLOGY
Bellissima DMS is the ultimate in flexographic screening delivering a previously unobtainable level of image reproduction for flexo.
Rivaling the quality of print typically associated with offset and gravure, Bellissima is challenging digital as the future for flexible packaging and labels.
Conventional AM/XM screen
175 lpi (actual)
Bellissima DMS Standard
300 – 400 lpi (equivalent)
Bellissima DMS eXtended
350 – 450 lpi (equivalent)
Bellissima delivers the ‘WOW’ factor - we decided to go 100% Bellissima from day one
- High-Definition (HD) images
- Recreating smooth spot colors using up to 7 inks
- Smooth fades to zero
- No screen moiré
- Exceptional shadow depth and details
- Sharper reverse / tinted text at lower point sizes
- Reduced repro (time & cost)
- Faster make-ready
- Ease on press
- Using less ink*
- Reduced waste
- Fixed palette - Extended Gamut (ECG)
- Minimal training required
- Utilising existing equipment
- 2.0 million linear meters WW run length on 1 set of plates!
* Bellissima DMS uses less ink – typically 13-16% - this is over and above savings from GCR. Data from independent tests.
- Cross market consistency
- HD images
- On-shelf ‘WOW’ factor
- Eye-catching promo print
- Anti-counterfeiting print
- Low cost flexo vs. offset and gravure
We’re converting more jobs to expanded gamut; this is helping our converter customers reduce job setup times and waste – a typical example of this is from 2 hours, down to 20 minutes
Bellissima under the microscope
The microscope photo is of a product, taken from a UK supermarket shelf.
The image on the left is of the product packaging printed using 175 lpi conventional screening.
The image on the right is of the same product packaging printed using Bellissima DMS Standard screening for wide web flexibles.
Share this Post
Bellissima, DM Screening and DMS are trademarks of Hamillroad Software Limited.
All other names are trademarks of their respective organisations.